A World For Children is excited to announce that we are hosting our 1st Annual " Run For Dreams 5K " and family fun run. " Run For Dreams " is a statewide effort and we are having 13 5k Runs across the state, with three goals in mind:
- Increase awareness of the impact of child abuse in the communities we server
- recruit new foster parents and volunteers to join in the fight against the cycle of child abuse
- Raise funding for our summer camp for teens
Why are we " running for dreams? " It is our mission to teach all of the youth we serve, especially our teens, to learn to dream and focus on the means of reaching that dream. Many of the children we serve have faced such extreme obstacles in life that they have gone into a survival mode and just "get by." They never think that they can be something; they believe that is reserved for others not foster kids. We say, "No!" it is their time to shine and we are the ones that are going to lead them to that end. The proceeds of this event will go to our summer camp, which is designed to motivate, inspire and train our teens to make a new life for themselves and to stop the cycle of abuse.
These 5K runs will be held in most of our area offices for your youth! We are adding a new layer to fight the horrors of the cycle of child abuse. You do not need to be a runner, you just need what we know you have -- a HEART FOR KIDS!! How can you help??
- Make a day of fun for your family and register for the race. You can register online or in one of our offices.
- Promote the race within your community by:
- Getting business sponsors, or become a business sponsor -- You can use the link on this website, or stop by one of our offices for a sponsorship form.
- Get your friends, family coworkers, etc. to sign up to run/walk with you.
- Promote the race to your friends and family outside your community and have them sponsor each mile you run/walk.